Monday 14 May 2018

The Refrigerator

The Refrigerator


#‎RAD #‎ATEND G-d (Christ) #‎IIC714

The Refrigerator

Imagine, if you will, your shop Forman tells you, and tells you repeatedly, to - “pull the refrigerator, in the shop, out, away from the wall, so that you may properly & thoroughly clean around, and especially behind and under, the fridge.” - now imagine attempting to move this 5’ high, greater than five square foot object, only to find it appears to be fastened down, to the floor some how.  You tell your Forman of the challenge being faced, but instead of truly listening to what you describe (just as many of you may do when reading this), and responding reasonably to the challenges faced, the Forman simply says -“I don’t want your excuses, I don’t care that you say ‘the fridge is hard to move’, I don’t pay you to ‘make excuses’, it’s designed  to be moved; it’s to be pulled out, away from the wall, so that you may properly & thoroughly clean around, and especially behind & under the damned thing.  Figure it out, move it, clean around N’ under it, and do so soon!”

After attempting to “move the fridge”, on your own, for a few moments, you decide to solicit the aid of some big strong men, four of them, veritable hulks.  And to everyone’s surprise… the refrigerator, barely wiggles.  Man, that sucker is secured tightly!  Discovering the increased challenge being faced, in compliance with the Forman’s demands, once again you reach out to the Forman to say - “Man, that fridge is LOCKED down.”  And once more, the Forman simply says - “I don’t care.  Move the damned thing, and clean around, under and behind it.  Now, just figure it out.”

Wanting not to be seen as a quitter, but instead to be recognized as being, at least somewhat, industrious, you formulate a plan.  You get one of your workmates with a winch on the front of his Jeep to secure a line, snuggly wrapped around the base of the fridge (about 4” up from the bottom).  You then have the four big guys “steady” the fridge, one at each corner, as you ‘man the winch’ to drag that sucker out!  At first the resistance is amazing, things are looking like the ‘anchored’ fridge is going to drag the Jeep into the shop.  But… just before you “give up” on yet one more attempt, finally the fridge budges. 

With horrific sounding creeks, and the familiar crackle of wood snapping like twigs, the fridge edges forward.  Excited, you watch as the winch drags the once anchored fridge out a full six feet onto the shop floor, leaving the space behind now… open.  But wait… upon further investigation, it is now discovered that this fridge was, indeed, anchored to the floor… with bolts.  There were six four-and-half-inch long bolts through the 2 ½” thick wooden floor, along each of the sides, and across the front.  Yet, oddly there’s more.  There was also a nearly four and a half square foot opening in the floor, leaving about three inches of flooring under the sides, and across the front.

The power supply for the fridge was an easy 12-foot-long cord, this even with the refrigerator pulled out six feet past where its front used to be, the power supply is fully slack.  There is a problem however, coming up from the four and a half square foot opening in the floor is a 3/8” cold-water supply line, that is now severed.  The pit appears to be filling with aqua!  The really weird part?  That fridge had no apparent water functionality, none, zip, nada.  So, ‘why would there be a severed water-line?’ you wonder to yourself.

Taking a trouble light, you ‘stick your head’ down into the four and a half square foot opening in the floor, and peer around.  You seen nothing… nothing in all directions.  You can see, and hear, the water running, but can barely make out the distinct sound of a splash as the water finally hits bottom.  That pit is huge, to steal a phrase from the Donald (now POTUS), “yuuuuuuge” and it’s deep.  Hearing the commotion, the Forman comes running, bellowing as he approaches… “What The $&^*%$ng hell have YOU done?!?

You casually, albeit perhaps a tad embarrassed, point to the fridge, and say -“The fridge is now ‘out from the wall’ so as to much better facilitate cleaning, under, around and behind it.  Just as you requested.”

The Forman, assessing the apparent damages, immediately quips - “I wanted you to clean under and behind the damned thing, NOT destroy my shop.” 

You reply - “I tried to tell you, and tried for days even, to tell you there were severe challenges.  Your reply each time was to simply say - “I don’t want excuses, I want the damned thing moved, and cleaned under & around.” - so, I complied.

To which the Forman retorted… “Well lad, you should have ‘tried harder’ to let me know the kind of damage that might happen, before you destroyed half the shop.  I think the Owner is going to press charges for criminal destruction of private property…

With jaw-dropped in amazement, you stand there… looking at the Forman wondering What The %@*k just happened…

The above scenario was a dream I had, just had in fact, as in last night, as best as I am able to remember, and repeat it.  Rarely, perhaps twice before in my life, have I been awakened from a dream, gone back to sleep, and successfully returned to the same dream.  Last night was one of those rare occasions.  And not just once, but twice, did I awake from, then return to said dream.  Normally, I do not place much stock in dreams, especially one where I am threatened with either violence or litigation, for “doing what was asked”.  This dream seemed, and still seems, different, ergo… today’s Blog.

After I awoke the first time, I just rolled over and faded back into (what turns out to be a rather shitty) sleep.  When I awoke the second time, the first thing that came to mind was I Samuel 3:1 - 10 (look it up, it’ll do your soul some good), so I asked - “Ok, Lord, what are you trying to tell me?” - I sat quietly for about 10 minutes, and frustrated (thinking to myself “I just don’t ‘get it’, why wake me, and then say NOTHIING) and returned to bed.  When the alarm clock rang, I arose, got dressed and took the dogs, who were impetuously impatient this morning, out for their daily - First Walk of the Day - and while propped up against a small fence, I once more reflected on that bizarre dream.  And once more I asked G-d, “what?”  “What is it you want me to see, or hear, or contemplate or…?”  A few moments in, still frustrated with the apparent silence from G-d, I heard a quiet voice say (and yes, I mean I heard this like I was talking with someone standing right with me, and I heard it in Elizabethan English) - “Not Me’ith, YOU’ith!”  I scratched my head, and asked (yep, 0530 hours, outside I asked) out loud - “what do you want me to see or know Lord?”

This time, without audio, I “heard” a very plain - “take a look at your own attitudes” - and BAM it was like a light had been turned on.  The dream was, is really, about my attitudes, and my frustration with G-d, with my fellow leaders in the church, even with my Pastors.  Now, I know that men, especially ugly looking, burly biker-types, “ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO talk about, or ever express, feelings, yet…”  Yet, I am frustrated with G-d, with my walk with G-d, with my relationships with leaders and others “in the church”, kind of *feeling* like, no matter how hard I try, whether the “trying” is about following and listening to G-d, or about soliciting help, no one seems to truly listen.  Or, if they do “listen”, they still don’t truly “hear” what’s on me heart, instead there’s a lot of dismissal, or exhortation to “just push through”.  With all human interaction we have - communication breakdowns.

I know that, after greater than 35 years of ‘walking with the Lord’, I know… that ‘walking with the Lord’, is NOT about “feelings”, I know many of the Scriptures - II Corinthians 5:7 - “…we walk by faith, not by sight…” - and even believe those Words to be rock solid truth.  Yet, I still feel frustrated… “What am I doing wrong?”  “What do I need to do to fix, or correct, or rectify this crap?”   And, I do not have any answers, not for me, certainly not for anyone bold enough to read this, no answers that is… save this one simple thought - “trust and believe” - See Genesis 15:6 - 10

That’s it, DaBauz poured his heart out.  Oh boo-hoo me?  Perhaps. Perhaps “trust and obey, by believing”!

Shalom

“No Jesus, NO peace” and yet, “Know Jesus, KNOW peace”

How does one get to “know” Jesus?  Simple, invite Him into your heart, as Jesus says: “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” [Revelation 3:20 NIV]  How can be assured that this Jesus stuff means anything?  Well because the Bible tells us so, as the Apostle Paul wrote:

“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” [Romans 10:9-10 NIV]

And for those of you who say to me, I can’t be bothered reading the Bible, “it’s confusing” or “it’s a waste of my time”, may I draw your attention to what the Bible says about wisdom: “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” [Proverbs 9:10 NIV]

If nothing else, PLEASE read two chapters from the Bible – (don’t own one, sorry NO excuse, if you’re reading this, you can access this: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%203:16&version=NIV) John 3 and John 14!

John 3:16 says: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

And John 14:6 says: “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Well that’s it, that’s Da Bauz’s Take on, “The Refrigerator” – this 14th day of May 2018 © 2018, All Rights Reserved. wr (Da Bauz, Christian Zionist “creationist” too!)

Just sayin’...

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem...

What is #RAD? #RAD is:

R epent of rejecting Christ
A ccept Christ as your Lord
D evelop your relationship with G-d

#RAD your relationship with the Living Almighty God Himself as your personal Lord and Saviour depends on it!

What is #ATEND G-d (Christ)?  Ask me!

What is #IIC714?

II 2nd
C hronicles
7:14

John 3:16, Revelation 3:20, Romans 10:9 -10, Revelation 21:27, II Corinthians 5:21 and I John 5:13 / John 20:31!

Shalom


Cited or consulted sources and resources


http://bit.ly/1kliLwA, “Bible Hub”

http://bit.ly/1kliTMD, “Bible Gateway”

http://bit.ly/1MzWhEQ, “Bible.org”

http://bit.ly/2qPm835, “Bible.is”

http://bit.ly/2qOVbNd, “The Bible Project”

http://bit.ly/2qP1lg8, “Biblia”

http://bit.ly/2qP26FP, “Bible Study Tools”

http://bit.ly/2qP27JY, “Blue Letter Bible”


No comments:

Post a Comment